Have you ever thought about staying in a real-life Game of Thrones castle?
If you have, here's your chance to stay at one of Britain's most iconic medieval homes.
St Michael's Mount is a National Trust run castle located on an island which is only accessible at low tide.
And it's not easy to access, so you probably won't be able to order a cheeky delivery quickly.
The castle is managed by St Aubyn Estates, who have now advertised a job opportunity that comes with live-in accommodation.
According to Cornwall Live, the castle has been used as a filming location for the Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon.
Kate Cornwell, head of HR at St Aubyn Estates, said: "People who suffer from sea sickness need not apply – you'll need to love boats as its the only way to get on and off the island at high tide."
The ancient castle dates back to 1135 and the oldest surviving building on the island was built in the 12th century.
Regular ferry access is available to the island, which is a tourist hotspot in the summer.
Current Castle steward Duncan Murdoch said: "The best thing about living here is having a sea view from every window. The worst thing is not being able to get a pizza delivered to your door."
Martin Lewis warns of 'green list' travel restrictions ahead of lockdown easing
The castle officer job description reads: "Our values are at the heart of what we do, and we will expect you to demonstrate these in this role, in dealings both inside and outside the organisation.
"We are looking for someone who is excited to further build on their experience and make the most of all learning opportunities.
"You will be able to demonstrate the highest levels of discretion, be compassionate with a tactful demeanour, have a strong motivation to be based in West Cornwall and above all be a strong team player where flexibility is essential."
There is a list of role responsibilities too.
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
- To live in the castle and be responsible for the safety and security of the castle and its contents
- Day to day responsibility for the practical operations within the castle
- To assist the St Aubyn family in both the private and public areas of the castle
- Supervise the Facilities Team across the island
- To occupy the allocated accommodation (at least five nights a week) and be available for security and emergency cover where applicable
- To check the public rooms at the end of the day and lock up and alarm the castle daily
- To work closely with the Castle Steward to contribute to the castle's maintenance schedule and keep records of all inspections, repairs, service agreements
- To undertake some heavy cleaning duties, furniture moving and picture hanging
- To research the collection and work with others on developing displays and interpretation of the castle and its contents
You can find more details or to apply for the role, visit the website.
Source: Read Full Article