Bliss is on the horizon: Summer holidays in Europe are in doubt. But don’t despair – these hotspots further afield will tempt you with discounts galore for autumn and beyond
- The Seychelles is now open for tourists. It has had no Covid-19 deaths and is on the FCO quarantine-free list
- Most resorts in the Maldives will be open in October — just in time for the high season and the best weather
- Visitors to Dubai must show proof of a negative test on arrival, or carry out a coronavirus test at the airport
Having something to look forward to is what we all need right now. And, despite our summer holidays being all but ruined, long-haul trips later this year and into next year look like a much safer bet — and there are some astonishing deals.
Book with a package holiday provider, such as the ones we suggest below, and you’ll be guaranteed a refund or the opportunity to re-book should a coronavirus outbreak happen either here or abroad.
Many of these countries have few cases and are welcoming tourists with open arms.
Travel restrictions can vary between islands in the Caribbean. A seven-night holiday to Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa on the island of St Martin, pictured, starts from £1,998 on selected dates in December
Caribbean islands make up a large proportion of long-haul destinations on the Foreign Office’s quarantine-free list. They include the Bahamas, BVIs, Bermuda, Barbados, Antigua, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, St Barts, Jamaica and St Vincent and the Grenadines.
Restrictions vary between islands. The Cayman Islands, which is also on the list and will open to international tourism on September 1, is asking visitors to wear coin-sized ‘biobuttons’ which will ‘passively monitor incoming travellers for early symptoms’ and provide proof of a negative test.
Other islands require tourists to fill out questionnaires, obtain visas or bring thermometers with them so they can report their temperatures twice daily to the authorities.
BA announced last week that it will launch a new route between Gatwick and Jamaica from October 13.
- Seven nights’ all-inclusive at Dreams Punta Cana Resort and Spa in the Dominican Republic on November 5, with Teletext (teletextholidays.co.uk), from £929 (saving 20 per cent).
- Seven nights’ all-inclusive at Soco Hotel in Barbados, on selected dates until December 2021, with Tropical Sky (tropicalsky.co.uk), from £1,149 (saving 36 per cent).
- Seven nights’ all-inclusive at Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa on selected dates in December, with Voyage Privé (voyage-prive.co.uk), from £1,998 (saving 59 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados, January 6-April 18, with Inspiring Travel Company (inspiringtravelcompany.co.uk), from £3,399 (saving 45 per cent).
Holidaymakers can enjoy seven nights at the Six Senses Zil Pasyon in the Seychelles, pictured, in December from £4,695 – a saving of 30 per cent
The Seychelles is a cluster of 115 tropical East African islands. Pictured is the spa at the Six Senses Zil Pasyon
This cluster of 115 tropical East African islands is reopening to international tourism from today (August 1).
However, travellers are permitted only from low and medium-risk countries (the UK is currently listed as high risk). Visitors from medium-risk countries require proof of a negative test.
The Seychelles has had no deaths and is on the FCO quarantine-free list. The best times to visit are April, May, October and November when trade winds are calmest.
- Seven nights’ B&B at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa between May 8 and July 16, with Destinology (destinology.co.uk), from £1,629 pp (saving 18 per cent)
- Seven nights’ all-inclusive at Cerf Island Resort during selected departures in February and March, with Kuoni (kuoni.co.uk), from £1,999 pp (saving 35 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at Constance Lemuria on selected dates in May, with Turquoise Holidays (turquoiseholidays.co.uk), from £2,499 (saving 40 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at Six Senses Zil Pasyon on December 3 with Elegant Resorts (elegantresorts.co.uk), from £4,695 (saving 30 per cent).
The Maldives has been open to international tourists since July 15. Most of the resorts will be open in October – in time for the high season
The honeymoon islands began welcoming international tourists on July 15. Visitors will have their temperature checked on arrival and will need to register a confirmed booking at one of the Maldives’ 156 resorts, of which 43 have reopened, with the tourism board.
Most of the resorts will be open in October — just in time for the high season, when the weather is at its best. The Maldives, which has had 15 deaths, is not on the FCO quarantine-free list but is likely to be added in the coming weeks.
- Seven nights’ half-board at Kandima Maldives on selected dates from September 1 to November 15, with Emirates Holidays (emiratesholidays.com), from £1,369 pp (saving 37 per cent).
- Five nights’ all-inclusive at Cocoon Maldives on selected dates in December, with Voyage Privé, from £1,504 (saving 39 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at Velassaru in May, with Turquoise Holidays, from £1,799 (saving 21 per cent).
- Seven nights’ half-board at Milaidhoo on selected dates from January 11 to April 30, with Inspiring Travel Company, from £5,125 (saving 31 per cent).
Thailand has only had 58 deaths from coronavirus and is opening up to international tourists from today. Pictured is Railay beach in Krabi
The country is opening up its glittering temples and tropical beaches to international tourists from today (August 1).
Thailand has had only 58 deaths and no locally transmitted cases in 50 days. Thailand is not on the FCO’s quarantine-free list but is exempt from its ‘all but essential travel’ advice.
- Six nights’ B&B at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok on January 11, with Love Holidays (loveholidays.com), from £942 (saving 21 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at TUI BLUE Khao Lak Resort on November 25 with TUI (tui.co.uk), from £965 (saving 29 per cent).
- Fourteen nights’ B&B at Dusit Thani Krabi Beach Resort on selected dates in November and December, with Destinology, from £1,729 (saving 39 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at Anantara Layan Phuket on selected dates between December 24 and January 4, with Inspiring Travel Company, from £5,699 (saving 25 per cent).
Tourists visiting Dubai, pictured, must show proof of a negative coronavirus test on arrival or undergo a test at the airport
International tourists have been welcome since July 7. Visitors must show proof of a negative test on arrival, or carry out a test at the airport, and register their details in the COVID-19 DXB app.
Arrivals will also have their temperature taken with thermal screening devices.
Bask in the warmth of Dubai’s desert-like climate from November to March — but avoid the peak of the heat.
- Three nights’ B&B at Canal Central Hotel on selected dates in December, with Voyage Privé, from £572 (saving 39 per cent).
- Three nights’ B&B at Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef on January 18, with Emirates Holidays, from £615 pp (saving 26 per cent).
- Six nights’ room-only at Dukes The Palm on January 13, with Love Holidays, from £788 (saving 17 per cent).
- Seven nights’ half-board at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on selected dates in December, with Destinology, from £989 pp (saving 43 per cent).
Mauritius is one of the countries on the FCO’s quarantine-free list. Pictured is the beach at Trou aux Biches
The far-flung Indian Ocean island nation is on the FCO’s quarantine-free list and the WHO’s green list, having had only three cases since May 11.
Mauritius will begin opening up to international tourists in the coming months once construction of a lab at the airport has been completed.
- Seven nights’ B&B at Anantara Iko Mauritius Resort & Villas on selected dates in March, with Kuoni, from £1,349 (saving 50 per cent).
- Seven nights’ half-board at Shanti Maurice on selected dates between September 1 and October 31, with Scott Dunn (scottdunn.com), from £1,700 (saving 25 per cent).
- Seven nights’ half-board at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa on selected dates in May, with Trailfinders (trailfinders.com), from £2,259 pp (saving 35 per cent).
- Seven nights’ B&B at The Oberoi on selected dates between January 8 and March 31, with Inspiring Travel Company, from £2,489 (saving 39 per cent).
All prices include flights and transfers.
Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Brazil, India, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Indonesia.
Source: Read Full Article