Jet2 extends the cancellation of all flights and holidays until July 1

Jet2 extends the cancellation period of all flights and holidays to July 1 in light of ‘ongoing travel restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic’

  • Travel firm previously said flights and holidays would recommence on June 17 
  • But it pushed back the date, saying health and safety was its ‘absolute priority’
  • Jet2 says all affected holidaymakers will be contacted to discuss options  
  • Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

Jet2 has extended the cancellation period of all of its flights and holidays until July 1.

The tour operator, which is Britain’s second-biggest holiday company, had previously said that its flights and holidays would recommence on June 17.

But today, the firm said that in view of the ongoing travel restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, it was pushing this date back by two weeks, adding that ‘the health and safety of our customers is our absolute priority’.

Jet2 has extended the cancellation period of all of its flights and holidays until July 1 

A spokesperson for Jet2 said: ‘Like all other airlines and tour operators, the restrictions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic have impacted us.

‘With aircraft grounded, our focus has been on looking after customers whose flights and holidays have been affected, and we are very proud to have been recognised as the best airline and best tour operator in the UK for how we have been treating customers in response to the pandemic, according to a major investigative survey by MoneySavingExpert.com.

‘Our teams have been working around the clock to look after customers and independent travel agents, and we can assure everyone affected by today’s announcement that they will receive the same level of service.

‘Customers who were due to travel before July 1 do not need to contact us. We are continuing to proactively contact customers to discuss their options, one of which is rebooking their holiday to a later date.

‘We know just how important holidays are to our customers, and how much they give customers something to look forward to, particularly after a difficult time such as this. If a customer has a booking that is due to depart on or after July 1, the booking is subject to our normal terms and conditions.

‘We have said throughout that the sun will shine again and when it does, we will be there to take customers away on their well-deserved holidays.

‘As well as taking them away for their much-needed holidays, customers can be assured that we will be implementing measures, in consultation with the relevant authorities, to ensure the safety and well-being of everybody on board. We will announce further details on this in due course.’

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) continues to warn Britons against all non-essential travel abroad 

Yesterday, it was revealed that British travellers are backing the idea of travel ‘corridors’ and ‘bubbles’, with searches for holidays to Italy and France rocketing this week.

Ministers are mulling coronavirus ‘air bridges’ to allow travellers to move between countries without the need for quarantine once the outbreak is under control. And Italy, Spain and Greece have all made headlines with announcements around the re-introduction of tourism.

Skyscanner revealed that in response, searches from the UK for holidays in July in Italy are up 103 per cent this week compared to last week and for trips to France by 128 per cent. Overall searches for international travel in July have increased by 37 per cent in the past two weeks.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said a ‘blanket’ 14-day quarantine rule for arrivals in the UK would be introduced from next month.

But he disclosed that there are ‘active discussions’ going on over what countries could be exempted from the regime in future, referring to the idea of ‘air bridges’ – usually used to refer to military flights over enemy territory.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) continues to warn Britons against all non-essential travel abroad. 

Source: Read Full Article

US Extends Travel Ban on Canada and Mexico Border Crossings

Governments of both the United States and Canada today announced that both countries will be extending a ban on all non-essential travel (i.e., for recreational purposes) across their borders for further 30 days, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to plague North America.

The jointly-approved restrictions on cross-border travel, first issued in March and renewed in April, were set to expire on Wednesday, May 20, but will now remain in effect through at least June 22, 2020. The cross-border travel ban notably does not apply to trade or supply-chain operations.

The injunction against non-essential crossings at the U.S.’ Canadian and Mexican borders, the renewed order states, are being reevaluated by federal health officials every 30 days and are subject to an indefinite period of extension, dependent upon the future course of the current health crisis.

At a U.S. Chamber of Commerce event, acting Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary, Chad Wolf, remarked, “What we don’t want to do is try to open up parts of our economy and have a lot of folks coming across the border that we haven’t seen in the past 50 or 60 days.”

Wolf also said in a statement that measures taken to lock down border security over the past few months have been thus far successful and that, “now is not the time to change course.” He asserted, “Non-essential travel will not be permitted until this administration is convinced that doing so is safe and secure.”

While Reuters reported that no immediate comment was forthcoming from Mexico’s Foreign Ministry, Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, said of the U.S.-Canada accord, “This is an important decision that will keep people in both of our countries safe.” He stated that, when the time comes to restart non-essential travel, Canada will need “to have strong measures in place.”

Concurrently, the White House declared its extension of pandemic-associated policies that permit rapid deportations of migrants found attempting to cross at American borders, according to a health emergency order from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Source: Read Full Article

Holland America Line Extends Its Pause of Cruise Operations

Holland America Line has extended its pause of global cruise operations and canceled all Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England cruises for 2020.

In addition, the Amsterdam will not operate the 79-day “Grand Africa Voyage” from Boston to Fort Lauderdale that was scheduled to depart on Oct. 3, 2020.

Holland America Line had previously canceled all 2020 Land+Sea Journeys, which combine an Alaska cruise with an overland tour to Denali and the Yukon.

“As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented and challenging times, the best decision right now is to extend our pause in cruise operations into the fall,” said Orlando Ashford, President of Holland America Line. “While this is very disappointing and we never want to let our guests down, as soon as it makes sense, we will be back cruising again, giving our guests the memorable travel experiences they continue to dream about.”

All guests, or their travel advisors, will automatically be notified if their cruise departure has been canceled.

All guests will receive a future cruise credit (FCC) per person as follows:

—Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will receive 125 percent FCC of the base cruise fare paid.

—Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive an FCC of double the amount of the deposit paid for the cruise. The minimum FCC is $100, and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.

The FCC is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. All other funds paid to Holland America Line may be transferred to a new booking or will automatically be refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.

Guests who prefer a 100 percent refund should fill out the online Cancellation Preferences form by June 15, 2020. This includes Holland America Line’s Flight Ease air, Cancellation Protection Plan, HAL pre- or post-cruise hotel packages or transfers, prepaid shore excursions and amenities, and taxes, fees and port expenses.

Due to the unprecedented volume of bookings impacted by cancellations, Holland America Line asks for guests’ patience and understanding regarding the time needed to work through processing refunds and FCCs.

Holland America Line will protect travel advisor commissions on bookings for canceled cruises that were paid in full and for the total amount of the FCCs when their clients rebook.

Source: Read Full Article

Royal Caribbean Group Extends 'Cruise With Confidence' Policy Through April 2022

Royal Caribbean Group is extending its “Cruise with Confidence” cancellation policy to sailings through April 2022.

For new and existing bookings created by Aug. 1, 2020, guests can cancel their cruise up to 48 hours before sailing and receive a credit for a future cruise through April 2022. The cruise company has also added new rebooking options.

Under the new “Best Price Guarantee,” guests can choose to change the price and promotional offer on their reservation up to 48 hours before their cruise.

The new “Lift and Shift” option, travelers can simply “lift and shift” their cruise to the same itinerary departing on a future date. It can be done as close as 48 hours prior to sailing. The original price and promotional offer on the reservation will be protected, along with the length of the cruise and stateroom category.

“Guests are reacting positively to our ‘Cruise with Confidence’ policy because it enables them to make informed decisions and to better manage complicated travel plans during this unprecedented time of uncertainty,” said Richard Fain, chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

The policy applies to all cruises with sailing dates on or before April 2022 for Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara. For information on Silversea Cruises’ policy, click here.

Source: Read Full Article