MSC Group’s Explora Journeys has unveiled the restaurants and bars that will be on the Explora I, the luxury line’s first ship.
There will be 18 distinct food-and-beverage venues on the 922-passenger ship, which is scheduled to make its debut in May 2023. The ship will have six restaurants:
• Anthology will be a “culinary stage for guest chefs to curate menus showcasing global cuisines,” Explora said. Wine will be paired with menu items that “reflect the journey and its destinations.”
• Sakura will specialize in Pan-Asian cuisine, serving Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and Malaysian dishes. The restaurant will have a sake sommelier.
• Marble & Co. Grill will give guests a “redefined European steakhouse experience, inspired by the marbling found in only the finest beef,” Explora said. The restaurant will be equipped with an in-house dry ager and a wine cellar.
• Med Yacht Club is inspired by beachside Mediterranean restaurants, serving Mediterranean cuisine from Italy, Spain, Greece and France. Wines will showcase the vineyards of the Mediterranean.
• Emporium Marketplace will offer all-day dining with 18 cooking stations representing every corner of the globe. Emporium will serve sushi, seafood, meats from a rotisserie, pasta and sandwiches made to order, and freshly baked pizza and bread. There will be charcuterie, fromagerie, boulangerie and patisserie stations.
• Fil Rouge will feature what Explora calls “French-inspired international cuisine.”
In addition, a Chef’s Kitchen experience will be available for an extra charge.
- Related: Explora Journeys unveils debut cruise itineraries
There will be 12 bars and lounges — eight indoor and four outdoor. They include the Malt Whiskey Bar featuring rare whiskies and a cigar humidor, Explora Lounge with 270-degree views of the ocean, the Crema Café coffee bar and the Astern Lounge with live music and DJ sessions.
Throughout the year, wine selections will reflect the regions where the ship sails, while offering favorite grape varietals. Sommeliers will source boutique wine labels, searching regions where there are emerging and niche choices such as Switzerland and other European countries. “Meet the Winemaker” events will be held onboard.
The line’s mixology program includes the Ocean State of Mind cocktail, featuring gin made with seaweed algae.
Source: Read Full Article